photo botslide.jpg

Rock Me Baby

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Photo Courtesy of Vertical World
I've officially adopted the Northwestern lifestyle and started rock climbing.  My desire to traverse vertical walls came about whenever I made my way to our gym... where I would admire the bouldering area with the hopes of one day being able to make it to the top.  Though most likely my need to climb stems from my childhood of climbing trees.  And since I have abnormally long arms I figured that I may not be half bad, so why not try my "hand" climbing rocks.  Also, climbing around like an ape just looks like loads of fun!  

This month I joined a climbing gym and started a Beginner Rock Climbing Class.  I am having so much FUN!  An average session is around 2 hours and the time just flies by!  There are several types of climbing: bouldering, traditional climbing, top rope, scrambling, lead and sport.  Currently, I am learning to boulder and sport climb.  If you'd like to learn more about the different types of climbing..click here.  
I am relatively new to the climbing world, but I've learned so much from my fellow climbers, instructors, and books.  While I may not be Spiderman yet...I am certainly on my way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme